Thursday, June 08, 2006

My boulangère hates me

The lady who works at my bakery is by far the most unpleasant person I've encountered in a French bakery (and trust me I've been to lots of them). The problem is that her baguettes aren't even that good and her pain aux raisins was the worst I've ever had. The one day I finally had the nerve to stand up to her and ask her for a baguette that was less cooked (aka less burnt) I thought she was going to breathe fire in my face.

Since I had run out of food in my room, I had no choice but to get a sandwich from the bakery today. I asked for the simplest thing, a ham and butter sandwich. I know this can kind of sound weird to the uninitiated, but it can actually be a quite yummy sandwich. As I was eating my sandwich I kept thinking how buttery it was, but it wasn't until I was almost finished that I opened up the sandwich to see just how much butter there was. It was then that I decided that my boulangère might be trying to kill me for standing up to her.

Does this look like a normal amount of butter to put into a jambon beurre sandwich?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home