Thursday, May 11, 2006

Coucou, je suis là!

After two weeks of vacation I'm back in Laval!

Quick vacation re-cap:
Prague, Belgium, Amsterdam, Pays Basque (Spain/France). More details to follow.

It was nice to get back to Laval (it is home for the time being) after being gone for what seemed like forever. Most of the assistants had 7 month contracts that ended when vacation began so now in Laval there are only 3 of us assistants left (out of the original 16). It's really weird to come back to the foyer and not have the English girls here. Only Tessa and the Australian assistant are still in Laval. Since Tessa doesn't live at the foyer and we hardly ever see the Australian girl, it's like I'm the only one left. Last night we had a dinner in someone's apartment and I was the only assistant there with all the Frenchies. It was nice but a little odd. Plus, all the Frenchies really miss the English girls and are constantly going on about how sad it is that they're gone. It is sadder without the English girls than I thought it would be, but Tessa and I have lots of things planned to keep us busy.

Getting back to work has not been easy at all. I just don't really feel like it. I hope it passes. The little kids were really happy to see me on Tuesday and I gave them the Starbust candies that were sent from home (thanks family & Davin) and this officially sealed the deal as Laura being the COOLEST PERSON EVER for these little kids. They were so happy to have candy that came all the way from the United States. Some kids are even going to paste the wrappers into their English notebooks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home