Wednesday, June 07, 2006

If it's Wednesday...

then you know I'm definitely not working. Primary schools are closed on Wednesdays around here, so I took advantage of the fact that I was flying back to Paris from Dublin on Tuesday to stay the night in Paris and get my tourist visa at the Russian Embassy the next day. After paying 58 euros for the privilege of visiting Russia for a week, I met up with my friend Corinne for lunch. Afterwards I wanted to see the latest Almodovar film Volver but didn't have enough time before my train back to Laval so I decided to go to the Cinémathèque Française instead to see an exhibit on Almodovar. After trekking all the way across Paris, I arrived at the Cinémathèque to find that it was closed because the workers were on strike. Vive la France!


The day in images
What I wanted to do with my afternoon:



What I ended up doing instead:


All in all, it was a lovely day. The visa process was less stressful than it always is at the French Embassy in New York, it was nice to catch up with my Parisian friends who I hadn't seen in ages, and the weather in Paris was splendid. I had a great afternoon on the grass at this really charming park at Bercy. I'll catch the exhibit and the film when I'm back in Paris next week to pick up my visa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home