Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the color purple

You know how sometimes if you say a word enough times it starts to sound funny and you begin to doubt that it's even a word? It has happened to me a few times before and it happened again this morning.

After we formed a huge circle around the class and played "The Farmer in the Dell" (I was the nurse, thank you very much), we reviewed the colors we had learned last week. The teacher found that their pronunciation of "purple" was slightly off and so he decided he would have me say it and have them repeat it one by one. All 29 of them.

Now, we do this one-by-one repeating thing all the time, but something about it was different today. You try listening to 29 French children try to pronounce/butcher the word "purple" and tell me if it doesn't start sounding funny to you.

This next bit has nothing to do with school, but I figured I'd mention it. This morning I woke up and was a little bit confused and apparently very hungry. I woke up in the middle of a dream in which I was standing at the counter at the bakery across the street and counting my change so that I could buy a pain au chocolat. I was really looking forward to eating the yummy chocolate filled croissant but then I woke up and realized that it was all just a dream. Needless to say, my usually uninspiring bowl of oatmeal was especially boring this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home